If I get any share of the prize pool, it will be apparent and will require me to bore you with the details. Selecting the winners in 4 straight is the challenge. I've put a couple hours in this morning and will finalize this afternoon
Waiting may be the theme for the past few days. We know that the diagnosis is AML and that the treatment will involve approximately 30 days of inpatient care to go after the bad guys. We are waiting on the secondary test that will determine if a marrow transplant is necessary. While this will not (apparently) affect the initial treatment, it will affect who/where we may have some of the treatment done. We've been fortunate to have all 3 doctors and hospitals discussing the case and treatment. Best guess at this point is Tues/Wed for the start of treatment.
I don't mind sitting around here and there, but this is getting a bit much for my ADD tendencies.
PICKLE PLUCKER'S AND THE PAMPERED CHEF
Mom has been taking care of the cooking the past few days and that is never a bad thing! Every now and then, because it's not her kitchen, I'll get the random "where do you keep the...?" I think I've done a decent job of organizing most of the major items, etc., as I do most of the cooking (remember, Lynn doesn't find "joy"). Friday, Mom pulled out what would appear to most to be a surgical instrument, but Lynn quickly identified it as the pickle plucker. Yes, this item exists and we have one. It is designed to get the pickle out of the jar, as if your fingers or a fork can't do the job adequately. Not to lump all of the "ladies" together, but y'all (had to use it for my Southern members of the family) have to get a grip on these "parties" you attend. We then identified the microwave poached egg maker and the measuring cup that adjust to 12 settings which have all been purchased at various "parties" over the years. These are the items which remain in the house after my secret purging that took place the week after our wedding. I've been chastised over the years when Lynn can't find one of these types of items for the once a decade use. Since I've done my good deeds here, I will be moving on to Lynns Mom's house to address the issue over there soon (if I were allowed out). Now, if I had found the classic in the egg scrambler, that would be a completely different story.
THE Pickle Plucker
The benefit of having people around who like to talk a lot is that you hear some great conversations and I get to manipulate them how I see fit.
Having all of the support from everyone has been pretty cool. The posting of comments has been very gracious, and one of my favorite parts is hearing about the internet challenges of our parents and aunts/uncles, as in, "what the hell is a blog and what does that mean?"
I'm pretty much ready to go get this treatment. It may sound strange, but I don't lose sleep over that thinking. Strange, maybe... Unfortunately, my sleep deprivation is usually focused on all the little things that don't matter, like:
"Do we really need the sprinklers on more than twice a week?" or,
"I hope the kids didn't eat the rest of the chips" or,
"What temperature is the best time to put on the AC?"
"Did my cousin really slam the Buckeyes again? They do realize they are from Georgia, right? I must not have done my job when I was there..."
Certainly, not things that should keep me up, but we all have stuff... I think.
If I can figure out how to post some polls on here, it could be an interesting. We''ll stray away from political thoughts, as that can't be good for discussion, but what I can tell you, is that there isn't much use for 98% of all the news shows on TV, and I mean from 6:00 am through midnight. You are better off discussing with your friends who might have a real opinion, if you can keep it civil.
I'll post my selections in a bit for those who care... and don't forget the Reds tonight at 7:00 against the Cubs.



3 comments:
i've just been to mass and prayed for you...to have more tolerance of sec teams ;). we BLEED red and black here and yearn for the kind of success that OSU has had!
you know, in regard to the ongoing development of our parents' tech savvyness...i am impressed with their dedication to 'figure it out'. just this afternoon, i was called over to the 'rent's to help them figure out how to pay their bills online. email, online purchases, blogging, online bill pay-who knew they had it in them!
and to round out the commenting...as a super sports fan, what is your interest level on the pga playoffs-any? i guess i would be interested if i was a player and i might win $10mm, but as for me, a golf fan, it doesn't really stir my interest.
go reds!
Jo, I've tried to tell ACE about the on line bill pay, and he is considering, but I don't expect anything for a while. It's just too big a change. Sick Blaki on him.
Not much use for Fedex Cup, just another grab bag for guys who probably don't care a whole lot. We all know who the best players are anyway.
Speaking of Buckeyes and horses, did you hear this:
AP: Buckeye Football player narrowly escapes death in tragic horseback riding accident.
I know crazy! He was almost trampled to death. Luckily the manager of the Walmart came out and unplugged the horse.
Post a Comment