Sunday, August 22, 2010

Not much on Sunday

Huge thanks to all reaching out to me and the family.  Know that all the thoughts, emails, and offers of generous giving are appreciated.  Clearly the toughest part is yet to come. 

The weekend has been boring.  I don't mean with people and contact, but it would be nice to be a bit mobile.  But, it was a good break from last week.  And there is a new week in store...

A couple thoughts on how to kill time are coming to me... well, not yet, but I'll write stuff as it does.  It's too easy to talk about the Buckeye's but a major target is on their back.

One of the things that has been mentioned by my Sparty friends is that Jimmy (18 year old, headed to MSU next week, and lifelong UM fan) will be rooting for MSU by the time they meet in Oct.  Maybe, definately by the 2011 season.  We'll see...

Made a couple small plays at Saratoga and Emerald Down this morning and this evening.  Success at Saratoga for a little bit of a win, and tonight not so hot.  I threw out the favorite in a key race and it was the wrong move, but there is always tomorrow...  famous last words.  Ah, just something to kill time, reading the racing form and past performances.  Its a lost sport on the current generation, but as in poker, its a zero sum game.

Won't try to jinx the Reds, but another win on the left coast.  I've felt spoiled in Detroit the past few years with pennant races and a WS appearance.  It just doesn't happen in the midwest like this.  September baseball is better than any other sport for day in day out drama and mood swings.  Even with the Tigers, they were on every night.  Thank god for the internet.

I am deeper than just sports, should find out soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Shooper, REDS vs TWINS World Series...all I would wish for is 7 games...close games..could it happen? As far as the ponies...I can try to get some intell for you from my sources in KY for the Breeders Cup. Other than that...do you know what a cross-word puzzle is? I hear they are fun...but with your limited vocabulary I am hesitant to send you some as I don't want you getting (fustrated as I say)frustrated and depressed...and I will send you my cheat-sheet for fantasy football...reserve comments to yourself as you and I both know the truth and history associated with that!!!

Cheers,

Cons