Many thanks for all of the well wishes from the first email I sent out and thoughts from all who have called. If I haven’t had a chance to talk to you in person, know that its just been from a lack of time and energy, not want.
We started getting the test results Thursday and on Friday the diagnosis was confirmed as a form of Leukemia.
Certainly, sobering news, BUT we know that it is treatable.
The one positive sign is that they felt I could come home until treatment. Hopefully meaning that we are dealing with something less acute.
We have a follow up to determine the type Leukemia on Tuesday, but we do expect that treatment will start next week. It will involve meds and chemo. For those of you asking the question, “Are you getting second opinions….?” The answer is yes. We have been busy setting up those appointments for Monday, etc…
Fun stuff.
There is only one way to approach this thing and its head first. The wondering why you feel like sh*t is over and now we know. Sure, it’s hard on everyone, Lynn, parents, kids, family, friends, etc… but we all appreciate the support offered and I’m sure we’ll use it all.
Given the time I will have on my hands coming up, my thought is to communicate through a blog. I set one up a couple years ago for giggles but never used it. I’ll provide updates on the progress as well as thoughts on current events, most notably the 1st place Reds. And anyone interested will be able to follow my successes and failures at handicapping the thoroghbreds.
If you are wondering about facebook, I have a disdain for that site, so I don’t use it. (Yes, that’s the Oscar side of me…)
More later and thanks for everyone’s wishes!
2 comments:
hi shoop,
alan and i are definitely pulling for you and i have shared with some of my more spiritual friends, who are praying for you as well. i agree, it is/was sobering news, but i'm glad you are positive and certainly glad you are home before treatment!
my first thought was to make you a pot of chicken soup! i'm italian = food!! alan thought that might not be a good idea as you might have some "germ" restrictions? let me know if it would be okay for me to send a meal over now and then. i would be happy to.
as far as the reality of this ... you will continue to be in our thoughts and in my prayers (big time).
god bless you, steve. i know this isn't easy for you and your family.
toni and alan
Hi Steve,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you daily. We wish the world could be as positive as you are. Thanks for the milk comment. We never know if we're giving Henry and AJ too much or not. We're thinking of you and Lynn daily.
TONS OF SUPPORT,
Frank and Susan
Henry and AJ
Post a Comment